LULAC Federal Training Institute
The Federal Training Institute is committed to providing quality educational opportunities to develop and enable participants to realize their potential by strengthening their knowledge, skills, and professional competencies. We provide continuing education by expanding opportunities for personal growth and fostering the development and dissemination of public policies and social change activities.
LULAC National Educational Service Centers (LNESC)
White House Initiative on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence and Economic Opportunity for Hispanics
SUMMER OPPORTUNITIES WITH THE WHITE HOUSE HISPANIC INITIATIVE
Our office’s current summer term opportunities are available for U.S. citizens to serve as:
- Student Volunteers: We are seeking undergraduate and graduate students from community colleges and 4-year institutions to apply to volunteer with us. These can be D.C.-based or virtual/remote opportunities.
- Student Interns: If you are participating in a paid or school credit internship program through your campus or another program and are seeking a professional office placement, let us know if you’d like to be considered for a placement with the White House Hispanic Initiative office.
- Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) and Federal detailees: We are also seeking experienced professionals working in higher education institutions (including Hispanic-Serving Institutions), federally funded research centers, state/local/tribal governments, IPA-eligible non-profits, and federal agencies to join us on a temporary assignment.
In addition to offering opportunities to contribute to impactful projects related to our executive order goals, we will also be very intentional in this program about designing opportunities for the Summer cohort to engage in meaningful experiential learning activities related to their interests, participate in leadership development experiences and connect with inspiring leaders sparking impact for our nation.
- Email email@example.com with your resume and a letter of interest – including a note on whether you’d like to serve in-person in Washington, D.C. or remotely and your available dates to serve.
ADDITIONAL FEDERAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Following are some additional federal opportunities you can share with your students and community:
- The U.S. Department of Education and Federal agencies offer various paid and student volunteer roles. Follow the newly released intern portal and apply promptly if you see a vacancy that interests you. intern.usajobs.gov
- Apply for federal career jobs (including direct hire jobs made available thanks to the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law) at usajobs.gov.
- Apply for presidential appointments and paid White House internships and fellowships at whitehouse.gov/get-involved. Once you’ve applied, let us know of your interest by emailing your resume and a note on what you applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See our recap of federal career pathways: https://sites.ed.gov/hispanic-initiative/get-involved
Several U.S. Department of Education vacancies also have application deadlines closing soon.
Following are a few examples you can view in detail here:
- Closes 3/27: Office for Civil Rights, Paralegal Specialist, GS-0950-9/11. Boston, MA. Salary starting at $64,251 Per Year (GS 09-11). You must be among the first 75 applicants to be considered.
- Closes 3/27: Office of Finance and Operations, Management and Program Analyst, GS-0343-11. Remote Eligible. Salary starting at $69,107 Per Year (GS 11). You must be among first 50 applicants to be considered.
- Closes 3/29: Office of Postsecondary Education, Management and Program Analyst GS-0343-12. Remote Eligible. Salary starting at $94,199 Per Year (GS 12). You must be among first 100 applicants to be considered.
- Closes 3/30: Office of the General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel, Division of Elementary, Secondary, Adult and Vocational Education. Salary starting at $141,022 Per Year (ES 00).
- Closes 4/3: Federal Student Aid, Chief Financial Officer. Location Negotiable After Selection. Salary starting at $141,022 Per Year (ES 00).
- Closes 4/4: Office of Postsecondary Education, Management and Program Analyst GS-0343-14. Remote Eligible. Salary starting at $132,368 Per Year (GS 14). You must be among the first 50 applicants to be considered.
- Closes 4/5: Office of Finance and Operations, Student Volunteer Trainee (Summer 2023).