Friday, April 12, 2019
6:00 – 9:00 PM
Welcome reception at Mercado 369
Saturday, April 13, 2019
8:00 – 9:00 AM
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Welcome address and introduction of plenary session and moderators for each session on policy issues / topics
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Breakout groups on immigration policy issues 1, 2, 3. Seek consensus where possible and make recommendations. Moderated discussions.
- Workshop 1 DACA: Reframing the Dreamer narrative and taking control of the issues.
- Workshop 2 Asylum: Easing the humanitarian crisis at the border.
- Workshop 3 The Wall: Is the wall just a symbol or barrier to actual legislation?
12:00 – 12:15 PM
Break (Snacks Served)
12:15 – 1:30 PM
Working Lunch. 15 minute presentation on LULAC Immigration Council. 20 minute presentation from policy expect / elected official state of immigration reform legislation and key challenges. 40 minute moderated conversation with Dreamers.
1:30 – 3:00 PM
Breakout groups on follow-up action items. Develop plans for moving forward on policy recommendations and action plan to engage Congress and the President.
- Workshop 4 Policy Recommendations
- Workshop 5 Engaging Congress and the President
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Plenary Session to consider reports from the breakout sessions on Immigration policy and follow-up action items. Report on the results of working groups that have convened.
Conference Adjourns for the Day