Program Manager- Communications and Social Media
Posted: Aug 21, 2019
Location: Washington, DC US
Company: The League of United Latin American Citizens
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for administering LULAC brand across a variety of media platforms to ensure optimal media visibility. Amplify LULAC's message through social media accounts by prioritizing what needs promoting through LULAC's social media accountability.
- Create media strategies to highlight national policy priorities, events, local councils, and national programs. Ensures high quality, error-free content for LULAC communications. Reviews and edits press releases, statements, and media advisories for grammar and mechanics.
- Curates and edits LULAC News quarterly publication. Consults with staff members concerning national priorities and the work of local councils, prioritizes what should be included in each edition. Assists local council representatives in ensuring that articles are of the utmost quality. Works closely with layout designer to ensure that all layout designs are relevant to LULAC's branding. Edits draft articles, responsible for final copy of magazine edits final product. Develops strategic mailing list including LULAC members, members of Congress, federal agency heads, corporate partners, and people/agency heads.
- Responsible for sending E-blasts to e-member listserv and updates the press release website. Responsible for inputting data into LULAC's content management system (CMS) which sends out the emails to all LULAC's e-members.
- Develops targeted communications deliverables in reaction to breaking news and/or opinion pieces.
- Monitor and track media hits and provides comprehensive reporting to CEO. Coordinates paid advertising campaigns, and budgets when applicable
- Curator of the LULAC National Blog. Works with staff, and LULAC members to create blog posts focusing on LULAC programs, policy initiatives, and local initiatives. Responsible for making final edits before posting online.
- Responsible for creating social media strategy for all national sponsored events by highlighting key speakers, events, workshops, the exposition, and sponsors.
- Coordinates media requests, interviews, creating of statements, and editing of op-eds. Distributes press releases and media advisories to LULAC press lists and e-members. Updates the LULAC National events app, which includes speaker bios, schedules, expo exhibitor information, and workshop information.
- Creates shareable graphics to maximize LULAC's social media reach. Maintains any LULAC apps current and advises leadership on updates or better app products to further the mission of LULAC.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels. Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, and social advocacy campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of communications and social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Excellent writing and language skills in English and Spanish.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of communication and social media.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube interest etc.) and how each platform can be used in different scenarios.
- Maintains working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the organization.
- Ability to synthesize information from various sources and present it in a variety of written formats and styles for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, and create high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to develop work plans, set deadlines, work with minimal supervision, manage multiple projects and duties simultaneously, prioritize, and recognize when it is appropriate to seek guidance from supervisor,
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Internet social media tools, operating online management content systems, design software such as Adobe InDesign, basic html.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Work Status: United States Citizen or Permanent Resident Required
Position Details: Full Time Permanent Position.
Salary Range: $42,000-$45,000
Commensurate according to experience. Subject to 3 months probationary period. Continuation of this position after one year is dependent on the successful candidate meeting performance goals.
Benefits: Accrual of 8 hours of sick time and 8 hours of vacation time per month.
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance available for enrollment
Retirement Plan includes a maximum of 4% matching contribution
10 Paid Holidays
How to Apply: Candidates should submit their resume demonstrating qualifications, education and work experience required for the position. Also a writing sample in Spanish and English must be submitted with application. All applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by 5:00 pm EST on the closing date. Any questions may be directed via email to the Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LULAC is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. LULAC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. LULAC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.