Program Manager- Communications and Social Media
Posted: Apr 12, 2021
Location: Washington, DC US
Company: The League of United Latin American Citizens
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for administering LULAC brand across a variety of media platforms to ensure optimal media visibility. Amplify LULAC's message through social media accounts through LULAC's social media accountability.
- Create media strategies to highlight national policy priorities, events, local councils, and national programs.
- Curates and edits LULAC News quarterly publication. Develops strategic mailing list including LULAC members, members of Congress, federal agency heads, corporate partners, and people/agency heads.
- Responsible for sending E-blasts to e-member listserv and updates the press release website. Responsible for inputting data into LULAC's content management system.
- Develops targeted communications deliverables in reaction to breaking news and/or opinion pieces.
- Monitor and track media hits and provides comprehensive reporting to CEO. Coordinates paid advertising campaigns, and budgets when applicable
- Curator of the LULAC National Blog.
- Responsible for creating social media strategy for all national sponsored events.
- Coordinates media requests, interviews, creating of statements, and editing of op-eds. Distributes press releases and media advisories to LULAC press lists and e-members.
- Creates shareable graphics to maximize LULAC's social media reach.
- Maintains any LULAC apps current and advises leadership on updates or better app products to further the mission of LULAC.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels. Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, and social advocacy campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of communications and social media campaigns.
LULAC is looking for an experienced professional with the following qualifications:
- Excellent writing and language skills in English and Spanish.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of communication and social media.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube interest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the organization.
- Ability to synthesize information from various sources and present it in a variety of written formats and styles for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, and create high quality
- work under tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to develop work plans, set deadlines, work with minimal supervision,
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Internet social media tools, operating online management content systems, design software such as Adobe InDesign, basic html.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing.
- Three years minimum working experience in similar type of position.
- Candidate must have high proficiency a n d excellent oral communication, research and writing skills in Spanish and English.
- Experience in working in social media for similar non-profits in civil rights and advocacy.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Power point, and an expierence in database management.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Work Status: United States Citizen or Permanent Resident Required
Special Note: Due to current pandemic guidance, the person will be telecommuting until further notice. They may be asked to occasionally come to the office.
Salary Range: $ 42,000-$45,000
Commensurate according to years of experience. All employees must meet a 6-month probationary period. Continuation of this position after one year is dependent on the successful candidate meeting jointly determined performance goals.
• Accrual of 8 hours of sick time and 8 hours of vacation time per month
• 10 Paid Federal Holidays
• Retirement Plan
LULAC is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. LULAC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. LULAC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.