Paul Garza, Jr
33rd president - elected at the 1970 convention held in Denver, Colorado. Served one term.
Garza, graduated form Texas A&M University in 1955 with a Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering and then attended the Texas Traffic Institute in 1956. He is a registered professional engineer.
Positions that he has held and honors received,
- Assistant Traffic Engineer in Waco
- Director of Urban Renewal in Laredo
- Director of Planning and Public Works in Laredo
- Technical Advisor and Acting Director of the City of Laredo Planning and Zoning Commission
- Self-employed consultant in urban affairs
- Engineer of the Year of the Gateway Chapter of the Texas Society of Professional Engineers (1965)
- A finalist in the 1965 White House Fellows Program
- Listed in Who's Who in the South and Southwest
- Past President of Laredo LULAC Council #12 (1963-65)
- Chairman of the technical committee of the Laredo Urban Transportation Study
- Member of the Board of Directors of the South Texas Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Board of Director of the LULAC Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Tesoro Savings and Loan Association of Laredo
- Member of the Board of Director of the Webb County Chapter of the March of Dimes
- Member of the Texas and National Societies of Professional Engineers
- President, Vice President and State Director of the Gateway Chapter
- Member of the Texas Employment Commission for the Development of the Manpower Plan for the State of Texas.