36th president - elected at the 1975 convention and at the 1976 convention. Served two terms.
Gonzalez, became president under very difficult circumstances. The previous president (name withheld) in office had been impeached. Gonzalez had the hard task of re-organizing an organization that was almost destroyed. He served proudly and dedicated long hours to bringing unity back into LULAC.
Gonzalez, a jobber and wholesaler in Waco, Texas, has held the following positions,
- Member of the Board of Directors of the LULAC Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors of the McLenna County Aid
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Boys Club of America in Waco
- Founder and Promoter of the Fiesta De La Raza in Waco
- Member of the Urban League Manpower Planning Council
- Member of the Governor's Planning Council
- Member of the Equal Opportunity Advancement Corporation