Children, Teens and Families
We are working to connect your family to a rich Latino experience continues during these extraordinary times. In the coming weeks and months, families will be spending more time together than ever before. Let LULAC help you adjust to the changing dynamics of a household without school days, extra-curricular activities and outside socialization.
Explaining the Coronavirus Crisis to Children With Disabilities
This is an especially challenging time for kids with special needs. Here is a way to explain the situation and disruption in routine using a visual story created by Ryan Mathew Morin, Constituency Board Member of the University of Miami-Nova Southeastern University Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (UM-NSU CARD).
Parent and Caregiver Guide
Here is what you can do to help your family be ready and respond to COVID-19. This is aguide by The National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
At a time when we can all feel fragmented, we need to pull together now more than ever to stand up against antisemitism and extremism – which can find opportunities amid the fear and uncertainty caused by the spread of the virus.
Distance Learning – AT&T is underwriting expenses for a “one-stop” resource center to support eLearning Days from the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) available to all educators in schools to help them handle school closures and the increase in virtual learning due to COVID-19.
Talking to Children About COVID-19
- CDC: Talking With Children About Coronavirus Disease 2019, (English | Español)
- PBS: How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus,(English | Español)
Virtual Zoo Visit
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute (Washington, D.C.) (English | Español)
- Cincinnati Zoo: Plans to live stream several animals and exhibits starting March 16, every weekday at 3 p.m. (English | Español)
Learn a New Language
- Duolingo: With our free mobile app or web and a few minutes a day, everyone can Duolingo. Learn 30+ languages online with bite-size lessons based on science. (English | Español)
- Salsa Georgia: Salsa is Georgia Public Broadcasting's award-winning Spanish language series for young learners in kindergarten through the third grade. Puppets in familiar stories, digital graphics and animation teach the language (English)
Resources for Teachers
COVID-19 Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel (English | Español)
Mystery Science: K-5 science lessons available with no signup or login required (English | Español)
Share My Lesson resources for remote learning or families, educators and students.
Free Online Resources: Adjusting to Remote Classrooms and Learning Remember February? January? or even a week ago? We had a schedule and a routine. We waved goodbye to our kids at the bus stop and you greeted students as they entered the classroom. We went to work, we taught, we sent kids to sport practices, playdates, and birthday parties. We welcomed kids back from school and learned about what they did in class, PE, art, and music. Then, if overnight, we became homeschool parents and distance learning teachers with little warning.
Cómo manejar COVID-19 en su casa
A medida de que el coronavirus continúe propagándose, muchos se enfrentan con preguntas difíciles:
¿Qué debo hacer si estoy infectado? ¿Qué pasos debo seguir si alguien cercano a mí muestra síntomas de COVID-19? ¿Qué ejercicios de respiración son importantes para combatir el virus? ¿Qué es un oxímetro de pulso?