Youth Educational Enrichment Series
LULAC and Verizon are working to empower the next generation of leaders and elevate the representation of the Latino community in STEAM careers.
LULAC's Youth Educational Enrichment Series (YE2S) program is an online 10-month webinar series program for middle and high school students. The YE2S curriculum features STEAM-focused workshops, one-on-one youth mentorship, academic and career guidance, social innovation, and leadership development.
The YE2S program aims to:
- Improve participants' attitudes towards studying and increase their knowledge of effective and efficient studying techniques;
- Promote participants' confidence and self-esteem towards learning in general;
- Increase participants' on-time graduation rates, leading to graduation from high school and enrollment in an institution for higher learning;
- Immerse participants' in a social innovative thinking, including leadership and entrepreneurship;
- Provide participants opportunities and resources for leadership development, networking, and the development of workforce and business skills; and
- Expose participants to STEAM-related careers, with a mentorship with professionals that can serve as guides.