We Need You to Act Now to Protect Executive Action
Or call the Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and help us persuade congressional offices to oppose amendments that seek to deport more Latino immigrants.
Instructions for Callers:
1. Call the switchboard (202) 224-3121.
2. Ask to be connected to your Member's office or any of our targeted congressional offices.
3. When connected, introduce yourself and tell them you are calling to urge the Member to vote against any legislation which seeks to undo President Obama’s Administrative action (Talking Points Below)
“Hello, my name is _______________. I am calling to urge Representative ____________ to oppose any legislation to repeal or block President Obama’s immigration related administrative actions.
Repealing President Obama’s administrative actions would, among other things:
- Block funding for initiatives that draws large immigrant investors into the U.S. by offering them temporary status
- Block funding for programs that protects immediate family members of U.S. military service members from deportation
- Block funding for “prosecutorial discretion” guidance that prioritizes the deportation of recent entrants and violent felons
- Block funding for initiatives that facilitate the citizenship process for lawful permanent residents
- Leave countless of DREAMERS and parents of U.S. Citizens at risk of deportation
Instead, Congress should focus on passing a clean Department of Homeland Security Appropriation Bill for Fiscal Year 2016. Thank you for your attention. Again, please tell Representative/Senator________ to oppose any legislation to repeal or block President Obama’s immigration related administrative actions.”