Development Writer- Fellowship
Posted: Feb 7, 2020
Location: Washington, DC US
Company: The League of United Latin American Citizens
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write foundation and other program-focused proposals and reports (e.g., for individual or corporate donors interested in specific program areas) in a style that is consistent with other LULAC materials
- Manage the acknowledgment letter process for donors on behalf of the Director of Corporate Development and Chief Executive Officer. Develop and regularly update template language for acknowledgments and customize each letter in a manner that speaks to donors’ relationships with the institution.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and personalization, and collaborate with Development Coordinator to maintain data integrity of individual donor records and generate reports as needed.
- Execute communications for key constituents, including stewardship reports, regular updates on activities and significant accomplishments at LULAC, and milestone acknowledgments on behalf of leadership. Gather and synthesize content and interview staff members as needed.
- Develop and edit development collateral and partnership materials
- Provide new writing, editing, and proofreading services as needed.
- Contribute to the development of ideas and team goals to ensure best practices and innovations in donor relations and stewardship, particularly around significant fundraising campaigns.
- Foster positive and professional working relationships with all staff
Experience in grant writing experience highly preferred.
Ability to be fluent in all aspects of the Spanish language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Thorough understanding of applicable local, state, and federal regulations, grant funding policies and procedures, and the ability to locate potential sources for funding.
- Thorough understanding of effective grant writing techniques.
- Extremely organized and meticulous with details.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize work and resources.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret financial data and prepare budgets and financial grant reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Work Status: United States Citizen or Work Permit Authorization
Position Details: Full-time temporary position not to exceed 6 months
Salary Range: $16.85/hour
Benefits: Accrual of 8 hours of sick time and 8 hours of vacation time per pay month.
How to Apply: Candidates should submit their resume demonstrating qualifications, education and work experience required for the position. All applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm EST on the closing date. Any questions may be directed via email to the Human Resource Officer at email@example.com
LULAC is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. LULAC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. LULAC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.